“Yunache” is the Bulgarian word for a doughty child…
… Strong and brave – both sport and health start from here!
We strive for the development of the creative and intellectual potential of every child in Bulgaria. We
rely on the health promotion titled "Health for the Healthy". This is just one step before prevention and
two steps before treatment of all diseases due to a sedentary lifestyle, poor diet and obesity.
What is “Yunache”?
“Yunache” is a project primarily aiming to support Bulgarian families. Sport is a tool by which we improve
our children’s health. There is no need to be limited to only improving health, childhood is an example of
how through games our children develop their excellence in education, arts, and social skills.
What exactly do we do?
• We offer physical activities for children between 3 and 9 years which is a mixture of different
sports and exercises for speed, strength, accuracy, stamina, flexibility, balance and overall
• We do “Health Promotion”. The World Health Organization (WHO) gives the definition of
“Health Promotion” as the process of enabling people to increase control over, and to improve,
their health. It moves beyond a focus on individual behavior towards a wide range of social and
environmental interventions. Health is the greatest value we want to give to our small doughty
• We form positive attitude towards sports within the family. The job of coaches and teachers is
very important, but parents are the ones to give their blessing to the children's love for sports
and active lifestyle. We believe that motivating children towards sports will in turn reflect and
motivate their parents as well.
• We give “additional weight” to nutrition trying to, again, involve the whole family in the process
of choosing proper combinations of healthy foods.
• We support sports in Bulgaria. By coaching children in different types of sports and developing
their physical experience, we give the basics for their future development in a variety of different